Friday, June 3, 2011

What I Ate Today

A friend of mine asked me to give her an idea of what I usually eat...so here's an example of a typical Paleo day :-)

Breakfast: 
2 pieces of bacon (not pictured- my sister made extra and as soon as I smelled it I obviously ate it)
Papaya 
1 Paleo Bar™ (I will tell you more about these guys once they're available for purchase!) 
Kombucha Green Tea (good for your immune system and digestion)  
Fish Oil 



Snack
Vegetable juice from Whole Foods- I've been on a huge juice kick for a while, primarily because I'm sick of eating salads and this is an awesome way to get a ton of veggies in your body. I made my own today with spinach, carrot, cucumber, celery, beet, and lemon. It sounds terrible but don't know it until you try it. It gives you so much energy and is surprisingly tasty. 

Lunch 
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower (preheat oven to 425, add cauliflower drizzled with olive oil and chopped garlic, bake for 30 mins- so simple and insanely delicious) 
Leftover carne asada from yesterday's lunch. 



Snack 
Ice Cream in the afternoon? Yep. Coconut Ice Cream made from Coconut Milk with crumbled Paleo Bar™ on top. 

Dinner 
Baked Salmon with tomato and basil
Sweet potatoes with rosemary and garlic
Coconut Water